Discover the PRADHAN MANTRI KISAN SAMPADA YOJANA, a transformative Indian government initiative focusing on empowering the food processing industry.
Table of Contents
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India, has issued Expression of Interests (EOIs) on 27.07.2023 and 04.10.2023, inviting proposals for infrastructure projects in the food processing sector under the “PRADHAN MANTRI KISAN SAMPADA YOJANA.” This notice provides key information and updates regarding these schemes, in accordance with the scheme guidelines dated 8th June 2022.
Sub-Schemes under PRADHAN MANTRI KISAN SAMPADA YOJANA:
- Creation of Infrastructure for Agro Processing Clusters (APC)
- Creation/Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities (CEFPPC)
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure (Cold Chain)
- Setting up/Upgradation of Food Testing Laboratories (FTL)
- Operation Greens – Long Term Interventions (OG)
PRADHAN MANTRI KISAN SAMPADA Key Updates:
- Dual Application Submission: Applicants who have already submitted proposals under the EOI dated 27.07.2023 may also apply under the EOI issued on 04.10.2023 with a fresh Demand Draft. When submitting a new proposal, kindly specify in the application whether you would like to be considered under the previous or new EOI.
- Unchanged Terms and Conditions: The terms and conditions mentioned in the EOI dated 04.10.2023 remain unchanged.
For any inquiries or further information, please contact:
Pradhan mantri kisan sampada yojana scheme 2023 Objectives:
The PRADHAN MANTRI KISAN SAMPADA YOJANA is a broad package aimed at establishing a modern infrastructure backbone for efficient supply chain management, from the farm gate to retail outlets. This initiative not only promotes the growth of the food processing sector in the country but also helps farmers receive better returns, doubling their income, particularly in rural areas. It also creates significant employment opportunities and reduces food wastage.
Key Objectives of PRADHAN MANTRI KISAN SAMPADA YOJANA (pmksy):
- Development of Mega Food Parks/Clusters and Modern Infrastructure for Individual Units:
- Building modern infrastructure for food processing in production areas.
- Ensuring effective backward and forward linkages to connect farmers, processors, and markets.
- Creating robust supply chains for perishable agricultural and horticultural produce.
- Incorporating the latest technologies for small and micro food processing enterprises.
- Facilitating the integration of producers, processors, and retailers for effective backward and forward linkages.
- Establishing permanent cold chain and value addition infrastructure.
- Ensuring extended shelf life and preservation for agricultural and horticultural produce.
- Strengthening Food Security and Quality Assurance Infrastructure:
- Establishing a quality control system for food products.
- Analyzing samples for compliance with international and domestic standards.
- Reducing the time taken for sample transportation and analysis.
- Complying with international and domestic standards for food safety and quality.
- Training human resources and institutions involved in the scheme.