The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN), also known as PM Kisan Yojana, is a Government of India scheme that provides an income support of ₹6,000 per year in three equal installments to all eligible farmers. The scheme was launched on December 1, 2018, and is being implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
PM Kisan Yojana Status: Eligibility for PM Kisan Yojana
To be eligible for PM Kisan Yojana, farmers must meet the following criteria:
- They must be Indian citizens.
- They must own cultivable land up to 2 hectares.
- They must be the landowner or the tenant of the land.
- They must be involved in agriculture activities.
PM Kisan Yojana Status Excluded categories
The following categories of farmers are not eligible for PM Kisan Yojana:
- Farmers who are income tax payers.
- Farmers who are institutional pensioners.
- Farmers who are government employees or office bearers of local bodies.
- Farmers who are family members of institutional pensioners or government employees.
How to apply for PM Kisan Yojana
Farmers can apply for PM Kisan Yojana online through the official website of the scheme (https://pmkisan.gov.in/). They can also apply through their nearest Common Service Center (CSC).
Documents required for PM Kisan Yojana application
Farmers need to submit the following documents while applying for PM Kisan Yojana:
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
- Land ownership documents
Verification of PM Kisan Yojana applications
The applications received for PM Kisan Yojana are verified by the state government officials. The verification process includes checking the identity of the applicant, their land ownership, and their bank account details.
Disbursement of PM Kisan Yojana benefits
The benefits of PM Kisan Yojana are disbursed directly into the bank accounts of eligible farmers. The benefits are disbursed in three equal installments of ₹2,000 each. The installments are disbursed in the months of April, August, and December.
Status of PM Kisan Yojana
As of August 4, 2023, over 12.17 crore farmers have registered for PM Kisan Yojana. Over 11.39 crore farmers have received the 14th installment of the scheme, which was released on July 27, 2023.
Benefits of PM Kisan Yojana
PM Kisan Yojana has provided a number of benefits to farmers, including:
- Increased income: The scheme has provided a significant boost to the income of farmers, especially small and marginal farmers.
- Reduced debt burden: The scheme has helped farmers to reduce their debt burden, as they can now use the benefits to meet their financial needs.
- Improved standard of living: The scheme has helped farmers to improve their standard of living, as they can now afford to buy better food, clothing, and education for their families.
- Increased agricultural productivity: The scheme has encouraged farmers to invest in new agricultural technologies and practices, which has led to increased agricultural productivity.
- Reduced rural-to-urban migration: The scheme has helped to reduce rural-to-urban migration, as farmers are now able to earn a decent livelihood from agriculture.
Challenges faced by PM Kisan Yojana
Despite its success, PM Kisan Yojana faces a number of challenges, including:
- Exclusion of certain categories of farmers: The exclusion of certain categories of farmers, such as income tax payers and institutional pensioners, has been criticized by some farmers and experts.
- Delays in disbursement of benefits: There have been instances of delays in the disbursement of benefits to farmers. This has caused financial hardship to farmers, especially those who rely on the benefits to meet their immediate needs.
- Fraudulent claims: There have been reports of fraudulent claims under the scheme. This has led to the government taking steps to tighten the verification process and to prosecute those who make fraudulent claims.
PM Kisan Yojana is a landmark scheme that has provided much-needed financial support to farmers. The scheme has helped farmers to increase their income, reduce their debt burden, improve their standard of living, and increase agricultural productivity. However, the scheme faces a number of challenges, such as exclusion of certain categories of farmers, delays in disbursement of benefits, and fraudulent claims. The government needs to take steps to address these challenges in order to ensure the smooth implementation of the scheme and to maximize its benefits to farmers.
In addition to the above information, here are some more details about the status of PM Kisan Yojana as of November 9, 2023:
- Over 12.17 crore farmers have registered for PM Kisan Yojana