The Ghar Ghar KCC Yojana (Door-to-Door KCC Campaign) was launched by the Indian government on October 1, 2023, with the aim of providing Kisan Credit Card (KCC) loans to all eligible farmers in the country. The scheme is a three-month campaign that will run until December 31, 2023.
- The government has set a target of providing KCC loans to 1.5 crore farmers under the Ghar Ghar KCC Yojana.
- As of November 2, 2023, over 1 crore farmers have already been provided KCC loans under the scheme.
- The government has also launched a Kisan Rin Portal to provide farmers with easy access to information on KCC loans and other agricultural credit schemes.
- The portal also allows farmers to track the status of their KCC loan applications and make loan repayments online.
Benefits of KCC Loans
KCC loans offer a number of benefits to farmers, including:
- Competitive interest rates
- Flexible repayment options
- Overdraft facility
- Access to a variety of financial products and services, such as crop insurance, personal loans, and credit cards
How to Apply for a KCC Loan
Farmers can apply for a KCC loan at any bank branch. The following documents are required to apply for a KCC loan:
- Proof of identity (Aadhaar card, PAN card, etc.)
- Proof of address (ration card, electricity bill, etc.)
- Proof of land ownership (land passbook, sale deed, etc.)
- Proof of income (previous year’s income tax return, etc.)
- Two passport-size photographs
Government Initiatives to Promote KCC Loans
The government is taking a number of initiatives to promote KCC loans among farmers, including:
- Raising awareness about the benefits of KCC loans through media campaigns and outreach programs
- Providing financial incentives to banks for issuing KCC loans to farmers
- Simplifying the KCC loan application process
Impact of the Ghar Ghar KCC Yojana
The Ghar Ghar KCC Yojana is expected to have a significant impact on the lives of farmers in India. By providing KCC loans to all eligible farmers, the scheme will help farmers to meet their credit needs and invest in their agricultural businesses. This will lead to increased agricultural productivity and income for farmers.
The scheme is also expected to promote financial inclusion among farmers and help them to access a variety of financial products and services. This will help farmers to improve their financial well-being and manage their risks better.
Read also: AIIMS Releases INI CET Admit Card 2024
The Ghar Ghar KCC Yojana is a welcome initiative by the government to provide Kisan Credit Card loans to all eligible farmers in the country. The scheme is expected to have a significant impact on the lives of farmers by helping them to meet their credit needs, invest in their agricultural businesses, and improve their financial well-being.